PERSONAL COLOR TESTER
Registered ® 2000 By Irenee Riter
All rights Reserved
$75 - (Includes $20 Professional Straps plus Personal Color Profile Booklet)
Color Tester is Discounted with Complete Set of Materials and Tools
This sturdy, durable tester is the
ultimate color analysis tester. It is 8 1/2" x 11" with
a cut out for the neck and leather straps to secure the tester around
the neck. The 60 color testers
are arranged in harmonic sequence and include 20 half-page testers
to determine contrast and show how to combine warm and cool colors
in clothing. Each page is specifically
designed with color coated ink dyes to illustrate the basic six colors
of each color family. The first thirty testers also double for makeup
and eye colors and the last thirty colors represent hair color neutrals.
The pages are thick enough to arrange and display color combinations
which actually represent exact percentages of warm, cool and balanced
colors needed. Most importantly,
the tester has detailed instructions on how to attain the ultimate
fine-tuned color analysis. Included is the pocket-size Personal Profile Book 56-page Personal Profile Book which is helpful as you
test through the colors and it has all the color ovals in full color
with clothing illustrations for both women and men as shown below.
WHY THIS TESTER PROVES BEST COLORS
These color testers have been designed
to flip down so that your eye has the chance to see the differences through
quick comparisons. Trying on clothes is such a slow process that
the eye can't "remember" the difference between color effects.
The advantage of the color-tester over cloth drapes is that you have a
full range of exaggerated colors which can be tested in rapid succession
giving you the basis for valid comparison.
pages fall down one by one and can also be displayed together to
You can determine, for example, if the person needs dark (Winter),
light (Summer) and a touch of bright (Spring) to complete their
"frame." This would mean that the person has a Homebase
of Winter, with Summer and Spring Inter-season influences as well.
PERSONAL COLOR PROFILE BOOK set of 4 for $16
This booklet is an overview so that
the client can see how their best color range compares with the other
colors in each color family. For both women and men, this is an advanced
approach and shows the client a possible range of good color rather
than so many individual colors defined. We learn best through contrast,
comparing one with another. This array of harmonic colors is very helpful...people
can actually see the difference between colors for themselves. The
dimensions are 4 1/4" by 5 1/2"
All 10 color families
are included in the booklet. Your best color is marked and then it is
easy to see what range of color is best—and more important, which
colors are not good. Learning by contrast teaches one to differentiate
distinctions between colors. Provides visual reference as you are testing.
Table Of Contents
10 Oval Color Families
Personal Oval Profile Chart
Season Feeling Impressions
Lines and Shapes
Face Feature Lines
Lip and Cheek Color
Eye Shadow Color
Nail Polish Color
Jackets and Blouses
Pants and Skirts
Men's Jackets and Shirts
Spring Inter-season Colors
Autumn Inter-season Colors
Summer Inter-season Colors
Winter Inter-season Colors
Important Wardrobe Tips
Example of pages...
Price INTER-SEASON COLOR BOOKLETS
of 4 Inter-Seasons for Women $12
of 4 Inter-Seasons for Men $12
One approach to show best colors is
to completely illustrate the colors and spell out the Inter-season combinations,
showing a variety of colors so that the client doesn't tend to limit
their choices. Each person receives a booklet depicting their Homebase
Season colors and all 3 Inter-season color groups. There are eight books,
4 for women (Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring) and 4 for men. The booklet
includesillustrations which show a comparison of lines for each season.
Many astute colorists give both books;
the 56-page Profile Book which shows comparisons, along with this Inter-season
booklet in the person's Homebase which illustrates their colors and
shows how to adjust the effects of their neighboring colors. Especially
helpful for men. A few page examples follow here:
KEYSIZE TESTER $40
The KEYSIZE TESTER indicates if
a person wears a small, medium small, medium, medium large or large
inside lines. The "key" size is based on the size and
shape of a person's face features and applies to everything from
head to toe: size of curls, glass frames, collars, patterns, buttons,
bows, straps, pleats, cuffs, buckles, belts, purses, jewelry, watches,
bands, rings, bracelets, flaps, ruffles, trims, barrettes, hats,
and textures. Important because it is based on the size, shape
and space of face features. Includes 20 TESTERS of basic patterns
in sturdy heavy card stock with cut-out neck for easy use.
DISPLAY CHART $28
Important tool to see exactly where
you are as you test through the colors. Also validates your work
as you recognize the
mathematical relationship to a person's best colors in all the color
Lip & Cheek Colors; Accent Colors and Neutral Colors are grouped
following sequence of testers. Laminatied.
AND EYE COLOR DISPLAY CHART $28
hair and eye color display chart has been designed in harmonic sequence
to help see where one fits into
the scheme of things and the order and beauty of
human coloring. A vital tool for beauticians and those working
with hair coloring—used
in conjuction with the Color Tester guarantees best results possible.
DO-IT-YOURSELF COLOR ANALYSIS TOOLS AND MATERIALS PACKAGE
Complete Set ~ Materials and Tools for finely-tuned body, face, and color analysis.
Important Keysize Tester
4 Pocket size Personal Profile Booklets
8 Fully Color Illustrated Inter-season Booklets for Women and Men
Color Display Chart
Hair and Eye Color Display Chart
Instructions for Fine-Tuning Body and Color Analysis Included
OrderTraining Materials Please Email: [email protected] or call
For those wanting
indepth training, Certification offers a fine-tuning session with
When your studies are nearing completion, you will
need to fine-tune yourself to clearly understand your own colors
and lines. This will be used as your “benchmark” for
helping others. The on-line/telephone session with Irenee normally
takes two hours.
Next, you will want to complete the 7 page Examination with one
finish-up follow through session. Consciously you will find
your awareness unfolding. Every trained colorist “gets
it” and are forever empowered. After all, these principles
encompassThe Universal Language of Color and Line.
To become a Certified Color, Body and Line
Professional Educator, you may study the 90 hour course developed
for the Academy Of Art in San Francisco and for colorists
throughout the country. Everything is covered in The
Science of Personal Dress Complete Study. The Certification
Examination and study guide is provided here and many individuals
find that to seriously accomplish its completion is extremely
rewarding. This in-depth teaching lays the foundation for
understanding all aspects of personal dress and applies to
all art fields of endeavor.
SCIENCE OF PERSONAL DRESS CERTIFICATION is valuable because it defines
the knowledge of the color and line educator based on scientific
order which is verified through this examination. The questions
follow the order of the Science of Personal Dress Complete Study
so that you can easily study and absorb the material.
(Wouldn't it be
fun to really know these answers?)
EXAMPLE OF 8 PAGE EXAM QUESTIONS:
1. Which color has the highest
2. Which color has the lowest vibration? _______________
3. What portion of the electromagnetic scale are we able to
4. T/F Only in the presence of light do we see color. _________
5. T/F The color that is not absorbed is the color we see.
6. What 3 forms does color express through? ________ ________
7. Name the 3 primary colors of light. __________ __________
13. Luminosity means that a color is __________________.
14. In the context of personal colors, a person's neutral
color is considered to be his/her __________________ color.
15. Harmony = ______________.
16. What colors of the spectrum are most associated with comedy
in the theater? 20. What spectrum color is the brightest?
21. Which color is the most energetic? _____________
22. Which color is least flattering to most skintones?__________________
23. Which color is ambivalent and is at the midpoint of the
24. Name the color associated with high rank and royalty.
25. Which color is fundamentally beneficial? _____________
67. Name the two kinds of ruddy skintones. ______________
68. What color best cools off ruddy skintones? ________________
69. T/F Lack of pigmentation in the skin causes the skin to
be very dark. _________
70. Name the six major ways a color can be changed:
75. Name several warm icys. _______________________________________
76. Name several cool icys. ________________________________________
77. Which red in the red family is moderate enough to be worn
by most people? ______________
80. Why do people with warm orangey skintones look good in
81. Which of the purple colors "doubles" for an
Autumn blue? _______________________________
82. What are the best colors to coordinate with yellow? _____________________________________
83. what can be worn with rust to cool it down? ____________________________________________
128. What symbol is associated with "childish"?
129. What lines do dimples suggest? ________________
130. What overall form is best to achieve when designing a
person's hairstyle? ________________________
131. What height begins to communicate regal lines for women?
141. Could pushed-up sleeves on a sweater give a feminine,
masculine and exaggerated feeling? _____
142. T/F Dull colors are boring. _________
143. Why are thick, untreated leathers more masculine? _________________________________
144. How can you change a color to make it feel and communicate
poise and authority?
145. Which is more feminine, lace or rhinestones? ________________________
161. What gender is a tweed skirt? ________________
162. T/F A lack of proportion gives the off-beat note for
trendy fashions. ______
163. T/F If an item of clothing you are wearing doesn't feel
right, it is probably because you are self-conscious. _____
164. T/F When a thing is in perfect balance it becomes a classic
- even a dramatic costume can become a classic. _____
In front of the following list of dress items, draw the symbol
which most represents what the feeling of the item is communicating.
medium length hair
tiny polka dots
ex. large polka dots
ex. large checks
bell bottom pants
large shoulder pads
extra large buttons
center hair parts
CONTACT IRENEE AT [email protected]
© 2021 By Irenee Riter All Rights Reserved